Thread: 903 PB 912 hands on
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #21
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
It looks like neither CoolReader nor fbreader can handle SVG in epubs, but AdobeViewer can! There is an epub file with SVG equations and a figure available at: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jece/2008/421650/ (click on the "Full-Text ePUB" link near the upper right). It displays beautifully in AdobeViewer. The problem is that the actual code for the formulae in the XHTML file looks fiendishly complicated. Still, there is hope that it can be done.
this is really good, just tested it! As for transaltion, there is a utility that converts .dvi files into svg, dvisvgm - in texlive it is implemented, and you simply use the command line. Problem is, the package converts the whole file to a svg image, so although the improvement with respect to pdf is really VERY noticeable, you still have a pdf like display (e.g. the page does not fit the screen), plus I could not scroll around it with adobeviewer after converting to epup (to do so, I inserved the svg file as image in a new blank file in sigil, and saved as epub). I did manage to open it into the webbrowser, but for some reason it would not go landscape mode (to see the file in landscape I first had to put the browser in landscape, and only then load the file) -here you can zoom greatly and scroll as you wish with the scrollbars, again making the file very readable, but the annotation capabilities are lost.

I've only experimented with a single page file.

To me, teh ideal is some routine exporting text to html and maths to svg, but I couldn't find it!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote