View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Welcome to the party, Latinandgreek! I would enjoy to read your thoughts and continue the discussion. I have been wanting to post more about the characters. I just have been too busy preparing for the holiday season! There are so many comparisons and contrasts between the sets of characters that it's rather complex. I also found it fascinating that it was a coming of age novel not just for the young adults (Kioyaki, Honda, and Satoko) but also for the adult generation and Japan in this new era of modernization and Westernization. It was also a novel of loss in many ways such as loss of innocence, of country & cultural traditions and of human life.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote