View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I've done a bit of comparison of the specs to see what the biggest differences are - at least as far as I can see.

On the Sony Reader Daily side are:
  • bigger screen
  • landscape mode (I'm pretty sure the nook does not have this)
  • entire screen is a touch screen (allows for easier highlighting, annotations, dictionary lookups)
  • comes with a cover and case (probably about a $40 value, based on cost to buy the same for the nook)

For the nook the pluses are:
  • color screen (small and only on the bottom, but sort of a plus)
  • lending
  • special content in B & N stores
  • more content (not sure if this is really true, or if it will remain true once they both move to ePub)

My biggest worry is the content comparison, but I'm thinking (possibly incorrectly) that if/when they both move to the ePub format, unless a book is specifically DRMd for a certain device, you should be able to read them on either. If that is the case then the touch screen and the benefits you get from it offset the nook pluses and the remaining price difference for me.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote