View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #23
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Because the battery life of the iLiad was so short, I had to turn it off at the end of every reading session. I don't do that with the Gen3 - if I put it down for half an hour while I'm having my dinner I leave it switched on. What I always do, though, is to switch it off when I know that I've finished reading, and I don't find the boot time to be inconvenient when I next start reading - I just press the power switch as I get the machine out of my bag, and by the time I've settled down comfortably in my chair to read, it's all ready and waiting for me.
This is exactly what I do, I have the "Auto Off" feature set for 1hr (the max) and leave my Cybook on if I know I will be picking it up again soon otherwise I turn it off. I always click the power switch as I'm getting ready to read so that it will be booted when I'm ready, sometimes this means pressing the power switch as I'm standing in line for food when I'm going to be reading while I eat. It works well for me.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote