View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
toastayy, it looks like you might have installed the B&N store version of the Evernote app by yourself. It does not come on HD or HD+ devices by default.

To check, sign in to your account on the Barnes & Noble website. Then on the top of the web page, click on "My Nook." On the left-hand side under "My Library" click on "Apps." Does Evernote show up? If so, click the delete button underneath the app's icon. Then delete all instances of the app from your device and download a fresh copy from the Google Play store. The B&N version should not reappear anymore on your device and you should not get any more messages about the Evernote app.

As far as Twitter and Spotify, there's not much you can do about those pre-installed apps unless you put a new ROM on your device and wipe out the B&N interface. The only other alternative I can think of that might work is a root mod by leapinlar over at XDA. His latest root mod prevents B&N from updating the device's OS. It might also prevent them from reinstalling those few apps they pre-install. But once you get rid of that extra Evernote app, I don't think it's worth it to use the root mod just to attempt to get rid of the other few pre-installed apps. On my device, I rarely get a message about them, and it's no big deal to simply click on the message to make it go away.

I used leapinlar's root mod, but I purposely use the older version that doesn't include the B&N block, because the newer version also adds some sort of additional cyanogenmod graphic to the bootup sequence, and I didn't want that. The older mod works fine.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 10-29-2013 at 11:48 PM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote