View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearstardiode View Post
Thanks Panda for the nice explanation. I have a couple of follow-up questions. Why does the url image info. get brackets around it instead of the greater-than, less-than signs that usually surrounds html?

And, so with the hotlinking, I can upload a photo or an image to photobucket.com. They will give me an image url for it, and then I can (using the same process as I did with this last image) post that image on other web sites?

Thanks,

Gregg
I don't really know. I do know that < > is for HTML code and that most forums use Bulletin Board Code (BBCode), which is a similar, but much more simple, form.

Short description of BBCode from Wikipedia

For your second question, when you select an image on Photobucket, it will provide you with several web-friendly links:

When you click on the link, your browser will automatically copy it, and then you can paste it into the board (or wherever) without having to do the extra step of adding tags.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote