View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #12
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I used Outlook for my email on my laptop. Is there any way to access this through my Kindle Fire?
The big question is how your email provider, whether its your ISP or some other provider, "publishes" the email.

There are 4 main methods for email to be "published", along with a few others:

1. POP3 - this has long been the industry standard for email.
2. Exchange - a Microsoft specific system generally used in corporate environments as it can handle interoffice email without routing it out to the internet while also providing internet email.
3. Web mail - this is commonly provided by ISPs and other internet based email hosts.
4. IMAP -

Since you use Outlook, your internet host likely uses either POP3 or Exchange, though they may also provide a Web mail interface.

A quick look at Webstream.net's support section (specifically https://windstream.custhelp.com/app/...d/159/kw/3m41l ) it seems that they "publish" email via POP3. You should be able to access your email via any "POP3 compliant email client" running on any computer or tablet.

There are a number of email clients for Android (the OS the Fire uses) that support POP3. A quick Google search for "Android Email Client" finds a good number. Perhaps a Fire user or other Android tablet user can chime in with recommendations.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote