View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #1246
rpgmaker
Connoisseur
rpgmaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
The "update your kindle" it's kept grayed out even after restarting my kindle several times. After a while I realized that my Kindle is deleting the "Update_jb_$(cd mnt && cd us && sh jb.sh).bin" file on its own after unplugging or if I leave it plugged for about a minute with the files pasted there. My model it's in the website reference (9017, KPW2) but I did have to downgrade it to update_kindle_5.4.3.2.bin but it worked without issues. Does anyone know how to work around this?

Update: On google I found that the kindle does this when the fw version of the .bin doesn't match the fw on the device. I can definitely say that the device fw version is 5.4.3.2 after the downgrade so I don't know if that is the cause of the issue. After downgrading do I need to reset the device or do something else? I want to avoid resetting unless it's necessary because amazon disabled the special offers on my device and I don't want them to come back.

Last edited by rpgmaker; 10-09-2014 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Found new info on google.
rpgmaker is offline   Reply With Quote