View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 04:18 AM   #14
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I am now trying to reproduce this. I am switching constantly between the main menu and the kobo reader in portrait and landscape mode, sometimes opening an epub, sometimes a kepub.epub. I have now switched over 50 times without any hang up. Do you think you did more switches before it hang up, or did you anything else? Starting and closing the koreader of course will lead to an hang up, but I think this is not what you were talking about.
no I did not do much - as soon as I opened I changed the orientation, opened probably Kobo menu 1, went back with the x, then opened Kobo menu 2, and in one of these two I saw the portrait mode and opened a book, then wend back to home and clicked again to one of the two menus (can't remember which one), and at this stage when I pressed the X the Mini hanged.

I had to wait for a couple of minutes for the on/off switch on the Mini to be responsive, then I switched on, and all I did now was to try to replicate the landscape rotation, but now neither menu nor menu 2 gave it to me, and after the second menu (in whichever order I used them, as far as I can recall) it would hang when trying the X.

I did not try to launch koreader or anything else. Unfortunately I did not think of writing down all the steps in the order I took them. I am now testing to see my Mini is working properly, then I'd be glad to have another go and try and reproduce the problem.

I should also say that my problems (besides hanging) where not generated by the install process, but I suspect the uninstall was what did it for me: it is as if the Mini did not unpack the uninstall KoboRoot.tgz, or did not do so properly: it flashed for a few seconds, but then both the .tgz file and the directories for your hack were still there (and then I messed up all on my own). However now I know what I did wrong, namely I did expect the tgz to unpack on its own and did not follow your instructions (as I did not have them at the time: too impatient :-))
Quote:
If you want to uninstall the package, copy KoboRoot.tgz form the uninstall folder to .kobo, and select "install update" from the menu, then power the reader off and on.
So I'd say people are fine to try, would not want to discourage anyone because of my imporper attempts to use it.

Last edited by paola; 08-19-2013 at 04:22 AM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote