View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #16
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I would assume that for whatever reason (and there are a number of really good ones) the OP needs to use their finger to follow the words on the page in order to be able to read the text. They likely do the same with paper books.
Indeed. In my case, "tracking," ie, pointing at the words as you read them, is supposed to be helpful in teaching children to read, and I can see why.
I've been reading to my daughter at night on her Fire, and if my finger gets too close to the screen while I track for her, it gets annoying.
I would LOVE an illuminated eink reader with physical page turn buttons and a way to at least disable the touch screen.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 05-17-2013 at 02:50 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote