View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #27
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCiclista View Post
Fair point, though made in a somewhat juvenile fashion.

Here's a shot that I' ve cropped to place PW and K3 text side by side (OK, really top-and-bottom). Top is PW and bottom is K3. This is actually an interesting comparison. Looking at "Red Book" it seems obvious that the PW (top) has the better font. It's smoother and it's clear there are more "pixels" involved. However, the K3 seems (to me) to win on crispness. But perhaps there's an explanation in that the K3 font is actually the cruder of the two, and so just appears to be crisper because it's just not as refined and smooth a font? I wonder if this is akin to lower-DPI LCDs that can appear to have sharper text because they can't smooth the font as well. While the higher-DPI LCD actually shows text better, it appears to be softer because of better smoothing.

Yep, I agree with you - I also like the bottom one better. For lack of a better word, the top one seems too "washed out" to me. Too much antialiasing, IMO. The problem is that the letters seem to "fade out" at the edges, instead of providing a sharp cut against the background. This is all subjective, of course.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote