Thread: SOD FIXED
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Vox
SOD FIXED

I am posting this in a new thread to make it more visible.
I did the battery disconnect as requested by ZX81
to see how it might affect SOD.
All it did was slide the plug back with a fingernail and place plug on top, did not mess with the battery. Left it this way 5 mins.
I CAN NO LONGER INVOKE SOD!! I have tried putting it to sleep for 2 mins then using it, no problem. 15 min nap and it functions fine.
Left asleep for 3 hours woke bright eyed and full functioning. I had wifi on all these times and did on occasion see it flash on for a sec then off Each time it reconnected to my wife network. I have tried it in airplane mode as well with no issues.
This makes sense from my stand point in that I only got SOD after having run the battery down and having the unit die on me.
Side not to this I have now heard that people with Blackberrys that get SOD have always disconnected the battery and the problem is fixed for many months.
Is it really that easy??
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote