View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #39
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Hi kiwidude,

I have a suggestion for your consideration re: the XPGT margins option.

The scenario is for a retail epub (minus DRM) which has a .xpgt file and has no need for a calibre epub-epub conversion. The epub will either have:
- margins in the .xpgt plus margins in the epub .css
- margins only in the .xpgt

For the former I can see that you would want to remove the .xpgt margins completely.

For the latter, if you remove the .xpgt margins, you would end up with no margins at all, which can be rather cramped on the device. In this case it might be nice to have the option to set .xpgt margins to match those specified in Prefs - Common Options - PageSetup. This should result in the same page margins you would have got if you'd done an epub-epub conversion, but without the conversion 'risk'.
Hi Jackie,

I guess the question I have is how do you "know" that there are only .xpgt margins available? Is this something that only manual visual inspection of the css can reveal? In which case presumably a separate checkbox option would suffice for this. I guess my concern would be that if it is something you can only determine by using Tweak ePub, is it not just as easy to manually edit the .xpgt file at the same time?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote