View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Feature Request for BookDesigner

I've been playing around more with BookDesigner, which ever since the update allowing Reader format books, has been my ideal book-creation platform.

Well, *almost* ideal ;-) I've been looking at footnotes again. Currently, the notes feature works really well for books read in BookDesigner: you create a note and a link, and when you hover the mouse over the link, it pops up the note. That obviously doesn't happen on the Reader - instead, it creates a link which jumps you to the page with the note on it. Which is great! It works and allows for content with footnotes.... But I'm too picky ;-) What I'd really, really like is for BookDesigner to stick the footnote text at the bottom of the page that the link appears on during the pagination process. Essentially to make that page break earlier in order to fit the footnote text in below. This would make for smoother reading with fewer page turns.

This is just a minor complaint, really - as I said, the notes work as-is on the Reader. Also, this seems like it would be a pretty complicated feature to add, but I thought I might as well ask for the moon ;-)
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote