View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #118
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilwork View Post
It is common sense and experience that bigger glass tends to break easily.
Absolutely true, but there is a lot more to a device than just the glass. If we were comparing a small piece of glass to a large piece of glass, then the smaller should be stronger. That's why I've said from the beginning that "theoretically" the smaller should be stronger. However, a device is not made from just a piece of glass. Other things come into play, like the structural support from the case. That, I believe, makes more of a difference than the size of the glass.

Quote:
If you claim that 1000DS (BGS+SC) can be as strong as Iliad (SGS+WC),
BGS + SC == SGC + WC
it is certainly possible since it has better casing.
That's exactly what I'm saying, and have been saying. I would even go a step further and say that potentially a large screen with a strong case can be better than a small screen with a weak case. I believe the case design is the primary factor.

Quote:
However, it does not prove that the bigger screen (BGS) is inherently as strong as smaller screen (SGS).
I never said it did.

Quote:
(Inherent problem with larger glass screen, as you mentioned in post #82)
I think you're misunderstanding what I said in that post.

Quote:
You can use the same sturdy casing with both glass (BGS) and plastic (BPS) and then the plastic one will have better durability.
BPS + SC > BGS + SC
Correct. I never said otherwise. I'm not arguing with that point, I'm only questioning whether it's necessary for normal usage.

Quote:
BTW, I am sorry if I sound too aggressive. I tend not to include humor in discussion (or cannot since English is not my mother tougue).
No apology necessary. I also don't mean this in a bad way, but maybe you're mis-interpreting some of what I was trying to say? I admit that I don't always express myself as well as some others, but you seem to be arguing with things that I didn't say. Either way, I think this discussion has gone well past the point of usefulness.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote