View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I don't buy from people that do that. Whether you're a writer, publisher, developer, etc. And yes, I WILL return something if I see it a dollar less or even free the next day.
I don't really care if it happens on small items such as books.

A five-book omnibus, totalling somewhere around 1000 pages, is a good deal at $5. Now the price has been dropped to $1, probably temporarily, to get the author and/or his series some more attention.

I don't fret about that. Shit happens. I've bought computer stuff for €500, which dropped to €300 three months later in a sale, and to €200 a month after that because a new model was introduced. That was a bit painful.

But yes, if I buy something at a store, and the next day there's a 30% sale, I'll return there and ask for 30% of the money. If they won't do that, I'll return the item and immediately buy it again. I did do so with my internet connection more than a decade ago. (The provider completely dropped the setup/installation fee two days after I ordered a subscription, and in the Netherlands, you can cancel almost anything, within a week of ordering, if the order is by phone or internet.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-23-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote