Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #1174
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrti View Post
At first, thank you all and especially ixtab for his troublesome work!

I already had the current jailbreak and previous JBPatch version on my Kindle PW with firmware 5.3.1 and because new JBPatch was released I updated to firmware 5.3.3 and JBPatch 3.2. After 'refreshing' kindlet-jailbreak and localization files, all was well and functional again, even all my font, margin, etc. settings were restored.

Now trying the new justification setting in hyphenation patch.
Changing to 'ragged justification' in my mobi-files (floating text) does not make a difference, the text stays 'fully-justified'. After changing the option I did a 'System/Restart Framework' in JBPatch, also a 'Menu/System/Restart' effects nothing.

Any ideas?
The ragged is a fallback in desperate need. It only shows a left-aligned line when it absolutely has to. Similar to what the Kindle does by default. If a line would have too much whitespace it will display as left aligned. JBPatch does such a good job, that it rarely happens. You can force it by e.g. increase minimum first and last syllables to a big number like 5 or so. And then try it on a large font size, and you will see some lines in justified text that don't reach the right edge.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote