View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #49
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Don't need a computer; just wifi. I use the OverDrive app on my Nexus 7 to borrow Kindle books and then fetch them with my Kindle 4.
You've missed the point. eReaders like the Kobo Touch or Glo, Nook Simple Touch, or the many other ePub eReaders out there, can't directly fetch eBooks from the libraries. The Kindle was pointed out as the exception for exactly that reason: the Kindle can download books without a computer because the books do not come from a third party (Overdrive), but from Amazon's servers. And it is just that fact that makes some publishers uncomfortable. Why they care, I don't know. Bits are bits, and most people generally don't care which Internet IP address the bits came from, as long as they can read the content without risk of a virus.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote