View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
bogdaniosif
bogdaniosif began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 90x OR iPad
We are straying off topic a bit but you should know that only the very new and soon to be available Reader X is able to provide a lightweight annotation capability. This feature was forced into Reader X from the very expensive Acrobat because it became ridiculous not to have it when compared with other, free, alternatives.

Until now, only versions of Acrobat were able to perform annotations and Acrobat is not available for Linux. All previous versions of Reader, including 9.x, allow annotation ONLY in very special conditions (when working as a part of some digital document management platform from Adobe), regardless on whether or not a given PDF document allows annotations/comments.

Assuming the Linux version of Reader X exists and that it has the same feature set as the one from Windows, then it should be good news for Linux users. However, since this Reader version will use a proprietary license, the bets are high that it is legally incompatible with the Pocketbook 903 firmware, leaving alone the technical incompatibilities that I'm sure will exist. So I wouldn't get my hopes up in getting Reader X on the 903. Instead I would hope the built-in PDF reader from the 903 is updated to support PDF annotations.
bogdaniosif is offline   Reply With Quote