View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #69
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Why are you comparing a 7" nook color HD with a 10" iPad?
An 32GB iPad mini is $429. That is still far more expensive than a 48GB nook color HD. Your point can still be made without having to tap into your anti-Apple bigotry.

Why does it always have to come down to the accusation that people who buy Apple products are mindless drones who are in a religious hynotic state to all things Apple?

It appears by your posts that you are insecure. One common way to deal with insecurity is to tear down those who disagree with one's own views to help make themselves feel better. Some of us understand that. Self-esteem is not derived by a personal attachment to an electronic device.

I agree with pl001 that this is a desperate move by B&N. They squandered the good will and attention that they received with the introduction of the nook color. Easy to root. Easy to convert into an android tablet. They took way too long to update the product. And the update wasn't much of one when it finally arrived. The nook color vs. nook tablet seemed to be straining for differentiation.

Just because it is a desperate move by B&N doesn't mean that there aren't benefits to consumers. IMO, I suspect that this is the last push to clear existing inventory. Anyone interested in one, should keep a keen eye on clearance sales and jump on it.

Although I have a variety of tablets, I'm waiting for the HD+ to appear for less than $150 and then I'll grab one.
I don't know anyone that has an iPad mini, so that's not even something I would even think about when making a tablet purchase, which is why I used the iPad in my post.

My, my, all that pop-psychiatry 101 about me being some sort of Apple-hater just because I make one comment about the folks who automatically think that the iPad is the must-have tablet. Methinks it's someone else who is defensive and insecure.

My niece and BIL both have iPads, so I have access to that Apple product during the day. While it's a nice product, I just don't see why people would pay that amount of money for that product. I find it awkward and limiting to use. I'm used to having greater control over what is on my computer and what I can access and how deep I can dig into the innards.

I don't have any deep-seated hatred for Apple products. I think they are interesting but extremely overpriced for what you get. I look at the adoration of the company and its products by its customers with the bemusement of someone who wonders why an appliance choice is supposed to confer some kind of "cool factor" on the purchaser.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote