View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
I have both.

I like the added K3 for its
- browser (only use in 3G at a vacation house, so wouldn't use if I had the wi-fi model like you're looking at)
- free Kindle books
- slightly brighter screen and faster page turns
- Calibre magazines "skip to next article" (or something like that)

Other than that, "eh." It definitely satiated my e-reader gadget lust, possibly because there's just not that much "gadgety" difference among e-readers, at least not for me (let's face it, you're mostly just changing pages for 10 hours straight). I haven't even yet used the dictionary.

Just not a big enough jump to hit my I'm-so-happy button. Can't read PDFs any better (mostly worse) because it's the same size. It's not more portable, again, because it's the same size. I'm waiting for a reader with a really white background, probably in a different size.

That's just me and my usage. You might like the ease of buying books (you can also buy them from your PC and they get delivered over wireless directly to your Kindle), or the Amazon catalog, or be thrilled by the speed and contrast and dictionary.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote