View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTechLover View Post
I just pulled out the Rocket eBook Pro I bought new in 1997/1998 or so, and I've downloaded the Librarian software and connected the two.

I sent a text .txt file to the device and it worked. However, is the device supposed to sync with the software and return the favor?

I used to run Librarian on Win 2000 but am now running Vista on one machine and Win 7 Beta on another. Both will transfer TO the device, but will not sync what's on the device back to the Librarian.

My question is, am I remembering incorrectly that the transfer works both ways?
If you are talking about the all dark gray unit with no rubberized bits and uses a cradle to transfer data, then yes, the version 1.2.192 and version 2.0.244 software should sync the ebooks on the unit onto the PC. You may have to set it to do so in settings/Rocket ebook.

If you mean the Rocket that looks like an 1150, I'm a fish out of water there.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote