View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudentius View Post
Am I missing something here? Some of those footnotes are what make the books really worth the read! Am I really up Shat Creek? I'm fairly certain that there are other books out there that have footnotes. What has been done with those?
I've bought (but alas have not yet read) the LIT versions of The Baroque Cycle. The LIT version of Quicksilver appears to have a total of 62 hyperlink-style footnotes. Does that sound about right?

But it's totally a mixed bag. Before I learned that the LIT DRM had been broken I bought a few books in LRX format. The LRX version of The Singularity is Near had hyperlinked footnotes, but when I re-bought it in LIT format, I discovered that that version did not -- the footnotes were there, just not hyperlinked. Funniest though was the LRX version of State of Denial -- it had mis-linked footnotes exactly as produced by ConvertLIT. Hmmmm...

-Marshall

Last edited by llasram; 12-18-2008 at 07:25 PM.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote