View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #49
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
I'm assuming that that's a serious question so I'll give it a serious answer. A real book can't be easily reproduced and if you lend a copy to your friend then you are no longer in posession of said copy.

Anybody who believes that hasn't being paying attention. I have a Canon MP280 that I bought new for $30 (it's a scanner, ink jet printer and copier.) I can scan the average paper back in less than two hours and I can produce an ebook in under 24 hours that will have fewer errors than most of the legit ebooks from the major publishers. Things have changed from the days when Xerox had a monopoly of copiers and it would cost five time the cost of a book to copy it. Cheap scanners (I was quite surprised at just how good the Canon was) along with good software (I use Abby Sprint that came with an old Epson scanner, it works very well) has made copying books (and the creation of ebooks) almost trivial.

I bought the book, it's mine. For me that is the end of discussion.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote