View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i had 6200 mobi books in a single folder in the document folder but this caused kindle to freeze.

it even slowed my WINDOWS computer due to so many files in one folder.

i then removed many books .now it is about 4500 but is still sluggish.

all the books are AUTHOR - TITLE format...the dash - separates author and book title.

all the 4500 books are in a single folder,the document folder in the kindle.

there are no subfolders in this document folder.

i don't have any collections as it would be too tedious to do.

question is how would i create collections on the kindle using these existing files in AUTHOR - TITLE format.

do i have to put them into author folders again.This would be very tedious to do manually.
and then use this software?

or do i just run the software and it will automatically create collections like author - title collections?

ideally i would like to have subfolders of maybe 500 to 1000 books each in the kindle documents folder to prevent the sluggishness caused by too many books and use the collections software to access the books from these subfolders to remove the sluggishness.

Last edited by vugtitan; 12-07-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: more thoughts.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote