View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #18
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_Hyer View Post
Thanks again to everyone and their great feedback. I picked up a Sony Prs-300 earlier this week and have really been enjoying it. Half the fun has not been just reading but finding great books to add to my eReader collection. I have been away from home and the small size of the 300 has made it easy for me to take along to the hospital visiting my Mom and reading on the go.

My question, I would like to add a bit larger screen for reading at home, I have heard great things about the Sony Prs-505 and have the opportunity to look at one this afternoon which is supposed to be in mint condition (used a few time and then put back in the box) for $180. Is this a good deal? So far I really like the Sony layout. The only thing that I am thinking is should I wait for the possible new Kindle expected in August or perhaps just pickup the nook which is even less $. Is there an advantage to being tied into these big bookstores, I would think I could still find their books (without DRM elsewhere....)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this!
The fact that the Prs-505 is no longer available has inflated the price. It is a very nice unit, but I don't think it is worth $180 given the current options on the market. For $140 you could get a brand new Kindle with wifi, a better screen, better battery life, and a smaller form factor.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote