View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:18 AM   #11
Croker
Connoisseur
Croker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, obv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Croker,

I take a slightly different stance to yourself, in that I don't ask "is book X available in eBook format?" but "are there sufficient eBooks available which do interest me to make it worthwhile having an eBook Reader?" and the answer to that latter question is (for me) that there are several lifetimes worth of such reading available which interest me. Books which aren't available in eBook format I continue to buy as paper books.

The range of titles available as eBooks is rapidly increasing - there are hugely more now than there were a couple of years ago, for example.
Harry - I do take your point, and as I said above, it's in part a subjective issue, so what you and I see in the ebook market may naturally differ.

I suppose my issue is that I maybe haven't hit a magic number of ebooks in which I am genuinely interested thus far. Some of the market is frustrating, though...like the Michael Marshall Smith example I cited above - parts of a trilogy are not available. I would honestly rather they didn't release them at all than do that!

I guess I need to take another look at the market and see if there's enough there for me. At the moment, I'm genuinely unsure as to whether there is or isn't.
Croker is offline   Reply With Quote