View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #56
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I will look at this because it might be that 64 KB is max if you want it to work on all devices. It might be that larger images works on the Gen3.
I just checked. A jpg file with size 138462 works on the Gen3. But it does not work on my Palm T5. So if you generate your mobi files for a specific device you can have larger images. That might actually explain why the Kindle uses another file extension.

I will probably let my script use large files and print warnings that the file will not work on some devices and have a flag to generate mobi files with records with a max size of 64 KB.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote