View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur
Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Hi and welcome. I bought the book after someone posted here, so I will let you know how it goes I really appreciate authors, especially established ones, who embrace the digital age and do not put up barriers to people getting the books. I had some issues recently where some books I had bought in the past were not available from that store anymore, and I had a hard drive crash and they would not let me re-download, so now I try to buy more often from places like Smashwords that treat paying customers like me more fairly.

I'd love to hear some recommendations for other books you read. I am always looking to expand my TBR pile.
Hi, and thanks for the welcome--and for buying my book, of course! I, for one, have no problem embracing the digital age, which, in the two weeks since my books went up on Smashwords and Kindle, has been very, very good to me. I'm delighted to be able to offer these books at a price guaranteed to expand my readership. I'm pretty sure that when other authors realize how smart it is to self-publish their backlist for reasonable prices, there will be lots more great ebooks to choose from.

As an author, I've found Smashwords very fair and transparent to deal with, and as a customer, I've found it easy to download--and re-download--books. Same with Kindle, really. I love Kindle for PC! I've got it on my little Lenovo netbook, so when there's a title I want that I can't get from Sony, I can buy it as a Kindle book now.

I posted some recommendations on another one of the threads here. I'm reading Justin Cronin's The Passage right now, which is the ultimate fabulous summer read. My most recent romance reads were a couple of old Susan Phillips titles and Emma Holly's Beyond Seduction. For mystery and suspense, I'm into Lee Child, Dennis Lehane, and Harlan Coben lately. Oh! And the brilliant, brilliant Tana French, who has a new book out this month. And Chelsea Cain. Oh, god, don't get me started...
Patricia Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote