View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Iefmathias
Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Iefmathias , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo annoying coating pattern (?) in bright light

Hi all. I have noticed something rather annoying about my recently purchased Kobo Glo and I was wondering if other people have this 'issue' too...

In bright light, and under certain angles, the top part of my Glo displays a very annoying 'sparkling' pattern that catches the eye very easy and sparkles with the slightest bit of movement. Boy, this really gets you 'out of the book'... especially because the rest of the screen is silky smooth. Sent a mail to the helpdesk, but anyway... anyone else noticing this?

I tried to simulate (harsher) light by adding a small light to the top of the screen so you can see what I mean, but it is very noticeable in sunlight, too. Sparkles like crazy. Bummer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130128_200925.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	100232  
Iefmathias is offline   Reply With Quote