View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 AM   #3
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Amazon were apparently keeping the price artificially low at $9.99 in order to build market share. They were reportedly willing to take several dollars LOSS on the books that should have been above that ceiling, in the cause of establishing a dominant position. (Source: New Yorker article).

So we could probably not realistically expect them to keep that position going indefinitely.

Pricing anomalies across different editions are hardly new in the publishing world. It really boils down to whether the asking price is worth it for whichever format you want at the time.

I'll certainly be shopping around, but I won't be wasting too much time moaning or catastrophising about it. I think that if we give it a bit more time the market will find a workable level.

Cheers,

Chris
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote