Thread: Error on import
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Yes I can add other ebooks to Calibre. I'm not doing anything weird to the code in the file. I converted it to html using WordPerfect's plain HTML option and then removed the unnecessary html tags.

It's as plain as it's going to get. The story is however about 800k words long. I also noticed with other files that get about that length Calibre sometimes takes them and sometimes doesn't.

I can check the HTML again to see if I find any unenclosed tags? I'm not sure what kind of code would produce this error message.
You've exceeded my minimal knowledge. Hopefully someone will step in to help out.

If you were using Word I would say to save it as Filtered HTML but it sounds like that is what you're doing.

You can try saving it as some other format and converting that or ... if you can save it in one of the following formats
Quote:
* Rich Text Format documents (RTF)
* MS Word 6.0/95/97/2000/XP/2003 documents (DOC)
* MS Word 2007 documents (DOCX)
* OpenDocument documents (ODT)
* Atlantis Encrypted Documents (COD)
* MS Write documents (WRI)
* Plain text documents (TXT)
then consider downloading the trial version of Atlantis Word Processor and save it straight as an ebook (epub).

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote