Thread: Saga of Recluce
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #30
morningstar79
morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morningstar79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I wasn't offended at all, no worries. To elaborate on my answer just a bit, I try not to impose my preferences on their selection so much as ensure there isn't anything inappropriate for their current stage of development. Only once have I come across something that appeared to be safe but definitely was not.

I don't rely on public libraries as my children have taken after myself in their desire to build their own libraries. Depending on what they are looking for at the time I will take them to Chapters to buy new books, or there are 2 really good used book stores we love to support, locally owned and operated (one is really quite quaint in that it is an old converted war time home and books are categorized by the room they should be in, ie--cookbooks in the kitchen, mystery and political drama in the basement, sci-fi and fantasy in the attic, so on and so forth). We only ever shop online if they are reading a series and need the next book or so before I can make a trip into the city.

Saga of Recluce is pure fantasy. Not my style at all which is why I was so reluctant to read the books at all, but I happen to have fallen in love with the whole world! However, if you ever happen to find your TBR stack a little low, the author (L.E. Modesitt Jr.) is known to be a fairly proficient sci-fi novelist. I have no experience with his writings in that genre as Recluce are the first works of his that I have come across, however I have heard nothing but very good things. Might be worth checking out his website. Let me know if you do!
morningstar79 is offline   Reply With Quote