View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
bitterbug
bitterbug began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 / Kobo Vox
Pasting creates DIVS but not Paragraphs?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I've been browsing for a bit and read the manual and didn't see it.

I volunteered to format a friend's self-published PDF into ePub. I cut and pasted segments of text rather than just passing the whole document through a converter (maybe I should have).

Anyway, I've got it looking just the way I want except for a couple of minor details.

All of my paragraphs appear as DIVS and not one has a P tag. So every paragraph butts up against the previous one with no space between. Creating an ebook from scratch in Sigil does lay down the P tags, so I'm a little confused about why DIVs get created but Ps don't. I see this as PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair) and not a software issue

Secondly I created a section at the end of the book for all the footnotes he has created. I used a numbered list, but on the Sony PRS600 this text flows off the right of the screen. I see the same thing with any document that uses PRE so I'm assuming I'll just have to fake the numbered list and hope that reflow takes care of his source links.

And finally, I've got a functioning TOC that has sections and subsections. It works nicely in Sigil and the Ubuntu ebook viewer but appears blank in the PRS-600 TOC viewer. Is this an issue I may run into in other devices, or did I bugger things up?

I've only got a couple of bucks in Paypal but I'm off to donate. Cheers
bitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote