Thread: Classic Another B&N Experience
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I went back to that same store to show the guy the hacked Nook, and ran into someone selling the nook to a woman who had NO idea about e-Readers. I was standing there listening while waiting to ask her where the associate is. One of the answers was saying they were the most knowledgeable people about the Nook. LOL.

Eventually the woman noticed I had a nook and said that I looked like I had a question about it.

I said, no I just wanted to talk to the guy about the hacked nook. I got a crazy look from her. When asked why I would do that, I stated that it doesn't do what it's supposed to do out of the box (in my opinion). That kind of peaked the womans interest and she asked "what doesn't it do?" So I started in about the cover flow not working with non B&N purchases, not having all the books in the same folder, not being able to organize them etc. She then asked the sales person "You didn't tell me all that" she responded with "I didn't know." "But you said you guys were the most knowledgeable people."

Oops, I think I lost them a sale. Anyway, they got the sale back because the other employee bought the other 1002 Nook while I was there, he took a break, and we softrooted it LOL. There was another sales person that now wants to do it!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote