View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #5
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Cafe View Post
Hi seajewel,

Thanks for your suggestion but I still am not certain about how to add/load fonts onto the PRS-350. Would you mind to educate me what is a CSS style sheet?
Use the search feature for more information. In general the CSS file is holding format-information and is solely used by epub-format

Quote:
I have also read the site (http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/wiki/InstallGuide) but aren't those instructions for Sony e-reader PRS-505? Do they apply for PRS-350 as well? I am afraid of bricking my e-reader.
It is still valid for all pre-T1 models.
Puting additional fonts (to be used with epub's) is simply creating a folder in the reader InternalMemory (IM). This is the removeable drive - named READER - shown in your File-Browser when connecting your PRS+650 to USB, and copying some *.ttf or *.otf fonts into.

Quote:
Also, I am still puzzled by being able to read Traditional Chinese on the first ten pages of the e-books but not the rest. If it is a problem of the font, why would the Chinese characters display properly on the first ten pages?
As neither the stock-fonts, nor the enhanced fonts provided with the various CustomFirmWares (CFW) support chinese glyphs, only formats with embedded fonts will show up correct. (This should be true for PDF and EPUB, both with embedded fonts).
And because this font-files are rather huge, this may lead to memory-problems, as not showing pages higher then xy.

If you are familar with linux and shell-scripts you may try to use the "mount --bind" trick, to replace the build in system fonts.
After that you should be able to read UTF-8 encoded Text-files.

Another way would be to convert your texts to epub with calibre and
A) embed the font -> files will become bigger
B) copy the neede *.ttf file onto the reader and reference it in the CSS file.

See this post of kartu here

please note: when you place your *.ttf file in a folder /fonts/<yourfile.ttf> in IM
then the CSS reference will be src: url(res:///Data/fonts/<yourfile.ttf>;
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote