View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #1916
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
The bold was what I was after. Thanks Alan!...
You're quite welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I started ready Fated by Benedict Jacka. I am only on chapter 3 but I am loving it so far.

My favourite part so far is:

Spoiler:
If there's one thing all diviners share, it's curiosity. We really can't help it; it's just part of who we are. (here is the best part) If you dug a tunnel somewhere in the wilderness a thousand miles from anywhere and hung a sign on it saying, Warning, this leads to the Temple of Horrendous Doom. Do not enter, ever. No, not even then, you'd get back from lunch to find a diviner already inside and two more about to go in.

I can picture this so clearly in my mind. I love it when an author can do that.
That's a good one all right. And yes, he's certainly a very skilled writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Indeed, I also really, really liked "Fated".

And "Cursed".

And ... "Taken" ... as far as I am with it.

Best regards,
Andy
Yeah, Taken's the next one for me...then waiting for the new one to be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
PainKiller Jane .... yeah there was a Syfy channel mega-hit...

I can't believe they cancelled Dresden Files for that dreck, but then I hardly understand anything Syfy does.

Also, I read the sample of Fated. It was excellent. I'll be picking up the series on payday
I didn't watch that after the first one either!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote