View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
I'd guess the start up time bug was exponential and not linear.
(with apologies to the OP for the somewhat off-topic posts )

I was referring to another enhancement, not yet released. In the released version, at startup calibre loops through every line in the books view, displayed or not, to calculate that line's optimal height. Kovid said that this was needed in the past because sometimes lines were split. However, now all lines are the same height so it is sufficient to do the calculation on one line, then apply it to all the others.

Surprisingly, the loop took 1 second for 1000 books on my quite fast machine. I strongly suspect it is linear, so 20,000 books should take 20 seconds (on my machine). With the new code, that time is completely gone.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote