View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Kovid is starting pay more attention to optimizations for large collections. Prior to 6.47, calibre was dog slow with my 20k books. It's quite a bit faster now, somewhere around 100x.
Out of curiosity, how long does it take for calibre to start with that number of books? I ask because we just found and fixed a problem that changed my startup time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds for a 1000-book library. Given what was going on, the savings could be proportional to library size, but that would imply that for you, starting calibre could currently take in excess of 20 seconds. Does it?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote