View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg4168 View Post
Hi -

I'm a fairly new subscriber to Zinio for reading magazines. From what I can tell that's the only options for magazines like PC and Sound & Vision, so that's why I went with Zinio.

What I haven't been able to find is a mobile reading device that can handle the Zinio format. Short of getting a Windows Tablet PC, am I out of luck for an actual reading device?

Thanks in advance!
I think I've read somewhere, ZINIO basically would be some kind of protected PDF.
As far as I know, its DRM hasn't been circumvented yet.
So you either have to use a PC or Mac or you have to take snapshots.
Taking snapshots and for example creating PDFs of it can be automated: http://www.copistar.com/
You could OCR the result, but the magazines in Zinio should be workable without, as they're graphic intensive.
The PDFs will be huge though (>50 MB).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote