View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm not sure how important popularity is at libraries (I'm sure it is important, but I would think popularity isn't the only criteria). I see many very specialized books being added regularly (which I assume aren't highly popular). Whenever I ask for a book to be added, they add it. And look at the book I linked to (a book by Atwood), I'm guessing that the book would be "more popular" then some of the other stuff they purchase?
It varies by library but some take advantage of where you can recommended titles for purchase. There is quite a few indie titles that Overdrive carries. You just need to do a advance search and check the Additional titles to recommend box. If Overdrive carries it you can then click the recommend button by the cover and it will ask if you want to be notify when it is added and if you like to be auto added to the hold list.

I've use this several times. It's easy and the libraries usually adds it the next time they add titles to their catalog.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote