View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #41
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
true. in fact, when people in my family were considering the kindle vs the nook, every one of them decided on the kindle after checking out the nook store. i haven't been to the nook store since i got my kindle, but i found it clunky and annoying to use at the time - it may have improved since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I wasn't talking about DRM.
Amazon succeed with (inertia-based) lock-in becuase it is a place people don't mind being locked into.
Would you rather be locked in to Amazon's eBook store or B&N's?
Amazon's video offerings or B&N's?
Amazon's app store or B&N's?
B&N are trying to play the same game as Amazon, but just aren't as good at it.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote