View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #21490
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm walking all around the town
I'm seeing all the people down
Walking around
Talking around

Me and my cat named Dog
We're walking high against the fog
Singing my song
Singing my song

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTnOyrnWYpc )

Good morning, everyone! Easy Tuesday morning... East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea today, with a bowl of rice and crab legs and some tsukemono. Gonna take it slow today... kinda hang back, maybe read for an hour or two in Starbucks with a glass of ice tea, then get to my chores. Big chore today... I have to go to Costco and buy more popcorn! They sell the big 8lb jug of Orville Redenbacher's popcorn, and I live on the stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Boiled in malted water before baking. (We have potato starch, but the malt works better, IME.)
Honestly, these were good enough to make a NYC baker proud.
There is no higher benchmark when it comes to bagels! I do miss going out early Sunday mornings, standing in line at a bagel bakery in NYC, waiting for the next batch to come out of the ovens... A schmere of Philly cream cheese, some paper-thin slices of Nova, and an even thinner slice of Bermuda onion... heavenly! Smoked salmon is quite cheap here, much cheaper than in the US, but the Philly cream cheese comes from an Australian plant rather than a Pennsylvania plant. No Bermuda onions at all! And of course, the bagels only 'look' like bagels... Life can be sooo hard sometimes.

Think I'll have another cup of tea.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote