View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #36
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I can't see why this would be legal.
In case case someone has bought something from outside the EU, and then sold it within, and has made money from it. Why should they be treated differently?
There was a case where a buyer was importing playstation 3's from abroad and reselling them in the UK. I'm reasonably sure it was shutdown as a grey market import.

However, there's nothing wrong/illegal* with importing for your own use and I would imagine if you later sell it on there is nothing wrong either. What would be an issue is if you sell it on, buy another, sell it on, buy another. Then you're not doing it for personal usage, you're doing it for making money.

It's the same with how people selling their used goods on ebay don't have to declare it as an income for tax purposes. However, there's a point where selling items on ebay becomes classed as a business venture and then you're going to be in trouble if you don't start declaring your income.

in my not so legal opinion, that point is likely where selling a used PS3 that you imported on ebay is fine, selling more than one could be a grey area, selling multiple/unused/imported playstations, watch out There may or may not be a earning threshold too, I don't sell on ebay so have never looked into it.

* imho, but then I'm not a lawyer so don't do as I say

Last edited by JoeD; 10-08-2012 at 05:03 PM.