View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #21328
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Depends on your work, and what's available. Some places have instant, on demand, hot water dispensers for tea. The ones at Microsoft seem to be about 205 degrees, though I don't carry a thermometer with me. But if that's not an available option, try using good water and nuking it in the microwave until it comes to a boil. Then let cool down sufficiently to get to your brewing temp. (Bring an instant read thermometer with you for a while, until you get the method and timings down to a routine.) If you don't have a tea pot available at work, you can always use a "two mug" method - brew in one, and pour out to a second. Or, with a single mug, the leaves will settle to the bottom anyway and be there for the next steeping. (Good, whole leaf tea can usually be steeped multiple times. )

I found a great gold plated filter that has enough room to let the leaves swim. "Swiss Gold" was the brand, if I remember correctly. I've got a couple of them, and use them to make tea in my 14 oz. mug. A heavy weight, stoneware mug is a good tea brewing and drinking vessel. It holds the heat well, and only slowly cools off. (I use Peet's "Logo Dinner Mug". I have one in Aubergine, and one in Teal. Wish I could get more of the darker Aubergine, but that's just me being colour fussy.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote