View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzerga View Post
Just curious to know what everybody thinks? Would you buy kindle now?
It's a rather nice Android tablet at a very good price, but with very restricted functionality (eg no access to the Google app store). I don't see it making the slightest difference to Amazon - they already have an app that you can run on any Android device, iPad, etc. It certainly isn't intended to be a replacement for eInk devices; B&N will continue to sell their eInk reader alongside it.

I'm curious why B&N would release such a device; it's pretty certain to get swamped by the forthcoming wave a low-cost Android tablets.

I certainly see absolutely no reason why, as your poll offers the option of, anyone should be filled with awe by it. It's just an Android tablet. Nothing too terrifying in that.

Last edited by HarryT; 10-27-2010 at 05:50 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote