View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I use LN,FN format exclusively. I have a sony, not a kindle, but I can't see why the order of the author name would matter unless the kindle thinks it should sort on the last word.

If you use LN,FN order, you will need to change the 'tweak' that tells calibre how to determine the author_sort value for a new author. Change it to either 'copy' or 'comma' (read the tweak doc for the difference). You might also need to reset all the author sort values, which is easily done from the Manage Authors dialog. Right-click on any author in the tags pane to get to the dialog.

You can also use the manage authors dialog to make author_sort differ from author. You might do this depending on how you handle Asian names and western names with 'von', 'van', 'de', etc.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote