View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #287
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Like I said this morning, some analyst say Kindle Fire is being sold 50 bucks below any profit and actual cost. At least, that's why some experts say.
I wonder about that claim, actually. Consoles can play the razor/razorblade game because of their lifespan and total lock-in, plus their healthy margins (games cost $60 retail).

At $200, I doubt Amazon is making much margin-but I'd be surprised if they were taking a 25% loss on each unit-just seems pretty high. I suppose this could just be to grab market share at first.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote