View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratogirl View Post
So if I understand correctly, if I can't use my credit card I can't enable 1 click shopping so the gift card is not really a solution.
That's correct. Unless they in fact allow you to use your Romanian card for 1-Click, even though you can't use it to buy a Kindle. You could test that easily now. Just try setting up 1-Click, and see if it accepts the card. If it doesn't, the gift certificate option won't help.

Quote:
Or have her e-mail the books to me. But if she e-mail the books, will I be able to put them in collections?
If she emails books to you, you will only be able to read them on the Kindle if the Kindle was registered to the same account as the one used to buy the books. If it's not, adding them to a collection is irrelevant, as you won't be able to read the book.

But if the Kindle is registered to the same acount, you don't need her to email them. You can buy them yourself. It's just a question of whether your friend will feel comfortable to your using her 1-Click settings - and therefore her credit card - for this.

Quote:
MikeL: Are there other sites that sell e-books in kindle format? Or I have to buy them in ePub and convert?
Yes, there are several sites that sell Kindle books (or Mobi books, which are also readable on the Kindle). However, some of them might have the same restrictions as Amazon. You won't be able to convert ePubs or other formats if they are protected by DRM; that includes most commercial books (as opposed to public domain).

Look here for some suggested sites where you can buy Kindle books.

Public domain books in Kindle or Mobi format can be freely downloaded from many sites, including the ebooks section here on Mobile Read. You won't have any problems downloading or reading these books.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote