View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #14855
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
My next book is another indie book. Sea of Crises by Marty Steere, a mystery/conspiracy thriller. I enjoyed the sample so it will be interesting to find out if the novel delivers on its early promise.
OK - really enjoyed that one.

Suspension of disbelief required and there are some feel-good moments that add a little cheese to the meal, but I enjoyed the mystery and drama of this one. I even enjoyed the cheese - if even those sections can elicit a dopey smile from me it can't be too bad.

I'm wavering between 4 and 4.5 stars for this one.

I'm now dividing my time between two books:

Brilliance of the Moon by Lian Hearn is one of them to complete the trilogy I started towards the beginning of the year.

Because it's a paperback, I needed an ebook to read away from home. And that will be the book club selection for this month: Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks has been on my TBR list for ages so I was thrilled that the nomination got through.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote